5 Tips For Bottle Feeding
Bottle feeding kittens is a great way to help them grow into healthy, happy cats. But it’s not as easy as it looks. Here are some things you should know before you start:
1. It’s important to start with the right formula. You’ll need to get your hands on some kitten formula and a good nipple bottle. Many veterinarians will have these available for purchase, or you can find them in most cat stores. Ask your vet for recommendations if you’re unsure which brand to buy.
2. You’ll need a bottle that’s designed for kittens—they’re different from bottles designed for adult cats! The nipple opening should be smaller than the hole on an adult cat’s bottle.
3. Make sure you have plenty of clean water available at all times. Kittens need plenty of water when they’re eating formula, so make sure there is always fresh water available for them to drink. Also, make sure to keep your kitten’s water separate from their food and milk—you don’t want them getting any of those things mixed together accidentally!
4. Kittens need to eat every two hours—so if you’re planning on being away from home during the day, make sure somebody else can come by to feed them while you’re gone!
5. Lastly, you’ll have to keep track of how much formula each kitten eats every hour and write it down in a log book so you can see how much they are eating over time and make sure they are gaining weight properly!